Using Import Certificate as Step Template does not work

I am trying to create a step template using the Import Certificate step.
When i deploy the step there is a mismatch between the parameter i have created for the step and the Import Certificate step.

Steps to recreate

• Add Step Template using the Import Certificate step
  • Add a parameter (See configureparameter.png )
  • Use the parameter in the step to assign the certificate to import (See configurestep.png)
  • Add the new step template to my process
  • Create a certificate (Amazon) and use that certificate as input parameter to the step
  • Create and deploy a release

The error message i get when deploying is. Variable amazon-1.Pfx was not supplied.
What am i missing to make this work?

Another issue i saw was when i click the Create Variable in the step instead of using the expression when i set up the step template i come to a page saying “The resource ‘{{vm.project.Slug}}’ was not found.” (see errorpage.png)

I am running version 3.12.4

Hi Tomas,

I do apologize. This is a known bug we have at the moment.

The problem with the certificate step template is due to this issue, which we are working on at this moment, and hope to have a resolution available within in the next week.

We will also resolve the broken link (issue).

Again, we sincerely apologize for any inconvenience. You can follow the issue above, but I will also try and ensure to update you via this thread when the issue is resolved.

Regards,
Michael

Thank you for the quick reply. I think I can wait for the fix. I just started testing last week. Love what I am seeing so far though.

Tomas

Hi Tomas,

I just wanted to let you know we shipped a fix yesterday in Octopus 3.13.5 which will allow you to use certificate parameters to step templates.

Now, if you create a template based on the “Import Certificate” step, when you add it to your project you should be able to select a certificate project variable.

Thanks for your patience. Please don’t hesitate to reach out if it doesn’t work as expected.