Runbook Only Project Has to Deploy?

I have a project that I use for administration. It is in its own space that is not setup for deployments. (It is just a collection of runbook scripts, there is no Infrastructure for releases.)

It seems to be working well, except there is an annoying pulsing green circle in the corner:

When I click on it, it seems to indicate that to stop the pulsing I have to do a deployment. First I would like to suggest that there really should be a way to tell the pulsing circle that, while I appreciate its efforts, it needs to just give up for this project.

Second, what is the “lowest amount of effort” way I can do a deployment? (So I can get it to stop pulsing.)

I would rather not have to setup a release oriented Infrastructure in my Space that is dedicated to administration.

Hi @OctopusSchaff,

Thank you for contacting Octopus Support.

Here is what I would do:

Then I would create a Release and Deploy (assuming you already have an Environment and a Deployment Target created).

I’ll pass along the feedback to our UI team regarding an option to dismiss the walkthrough.

Let me know if that works for you.

Best Regards,
Donny

This topic was automatically closed 31 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.