I am unable to delete accounts if they have had a deployment target use them at any point in the past. This happens even after the deployment target has been deleted. When I go to an account, which all of ours are using the AzureUSGovernment environment, and select “Delete”, it gives me this error message.
There was a problem with your request.
This account cannot be deleted as it is currently referenced by a variable.
Please refer to account usage for more detail.
If I select “Load Account Usage”, it tells me that the account is NOT being used by anything.
We are currently running Octopus v2018.8.2, but the issue has been happening for a few months now.
Also, the account has some restrictions on it as well.
- Only available for deployments to “Dev-TX”. (environment restriction)
- Only available for deployments to the associated tenants.
- Has one associated tenant.
If I remove the restrictions, in any combination, the error still persists.
Removing the tenant-specific restriction did not solve the issue, BUT deleting the tenant did. I was able to delete the account once the tenant that had previously been associated to it was deleted. It wasn’t enough to remove the scope.
Thank you for contacting us. It looks like you sorted the issue out on your own, but I will have a look and see if we have a bug where we aren’t reporting all the usages, or something similar. Keep in mind that if you don’t have certain permissions you won’t see all usages, so that could be in play here.
Thanks again for the bug report. I’ll get back to you here if I find anything in my investigation or have any question about your setup.
Thanks! I am a System Administrator on the account, and have full privileges. We have a few use cases where we need to delete accounts, and deleting tenants to do so is not an ideal solution.
I’ve reproduced your problem and confirmed it is related to a known issue which is being tracked in our public Github repository. https://github.com/OctopusDeploy/Issues/issues/4675. Unfortunately we don’t have an ETA for a fix at this time, but I’m glad you were able to find a workaround.
This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.