Opening the process tab in a project gives "TypeError: Cannot read property 'Id' of undefined"

We’re currently migrating our Octopus Server on version 4.1.6 into a cloud VM, we took a backup and built a new box also running 4.1.6 (with the aim to be to upgrade the version once the restore completes). Checking over our project we’ve noticed that a specific subset of projects all display

TypeError: Cannot read property ‘Id’ of undefined
at Object.renderTarget (
at ()
at t.render (
at u (
at beginWork (
at i (
at u (
at c (
at m (

Where my-domain-here is the correct domain for our octopus instance. How do we solve this issue?

Hi there @thomas_taege,

Thanks for reaching out and letting us know, I’ve had a look through the release notes and bug fixes since 4.1.6 and there has a been a few fixes for similar client side errors. If you can upgrade, I would suggest trying that first (perhaps on a separate VM - up to you) to see if that rectifies the problem.

If that still fails in a similar fashion we can have a closer look at the project configuration and see if there is a common thread between these projects that are failing, and try and see what sets them apart from the others that appear to be fine.

Kind regards,

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.