Please can you tell me what I am doing wrong?
As I understand it Octopus automatically transforms things within the and tags in the web.config file.
If I need to transform anything outside of these tags I need to do this via a file like a Web.Release.config file.
The problem I am having is that Octopus seems to be jumping into the tags in my web.config file and changing them as well.
The variable I have set-up for the connection string below is called "dependencyConnectionString"
Octopus successfully inserts the variable values into the code below.
But within the web.config file I have several that contain the variable name as well. “dependencyConnectionString”dependencyConnectionString
Please can you tell me why Octopus is putting my “dependencyConnectionString” variable values into my tags I know that the tag contains a setting that has a variable name (dependencyConnectionString) but as it is outside of the and tags I did not expect Octopus to change anything within the within the tag.