Event logs filling up with errors due to failed handshakes

We just upgraded to the latest 2.x (migrated from 1.6) and the event logs on the servers running tentacles are filling up with the following errors every 10 seconds or so. The server is running fine, deployments are even working fine - but these errors are non-stop. I’ve tried uninstalling and reinstalling the tentacles, removing the tentacles from the server and installing again, etc… but to no avail. Any thoughts?

Thanks,
Matt

2014-01-30 14:10:47.3282 ERROR Unhandled error when processing request from client
System.IO.IOException: The handshake failed due to an unexpected packet format.
at System.Net.Security.SslState.StartReadFrame(Byte[] buffer, Int32 readBytes, AsyncProtocolRequest asyncRequest)
at System.Net.Security.SslState.StartReceiveBlob(Byte[] buffer, AsyncProtocolRequest asyncRequest)
at System.Net.Security.SslState.ForceAuthentication(Boolean receiveFirst, Byte[] buffer, AsyncProtocolRequest asyncRequest)
at System.Net.Security.SslState.ProcessAuthentication(LazyAsyncResult lazyResult)
at Pipefish.Transport.SecureTcp.Server.SecureTcpServer.ExecuteRequest(TcpClient client) in c:\TeamCity\buildAgent\work\cf0b1f41263b24b9\source\Pipefish.Transport.SecureTcp\Server\SecureTcpServer.cs:line 109

False alarm. The 2.x installer does not attempt to remove or alter the existing installation it would appear, as the old version of the server was still running after the upgrade. Once I killed that server process the errors stopped happening, so I have since uninstalled the old server and we seem to be back to normal.

Thanks,
Matt

Excellent, thanks for the follow-up Matt :slight_smile:

Sure thing - although my experience might not be unique given the nature of the upgrade - perhaps it’s worth putting in a note saying to shut down the previous version after the upgrade? At least something to point out that the previous install won’t be removed (or the old service shut down for that matter) during the new install. Just a thought - thanks,
Matt

Docs updated - thanks for the reminder.

Excellent - looks great - thanks for putting that in there! Other than this hiccup v2 is great thus far - thanks for an excellent product,
Matt