Certificate problem when setting up tentacle

I seem to be having a problem setting up Octopus. I’ve installed the server on one machine and the tentacle on another and added the machine through the portal. When I click the check health button I get the following on the tentacle machine:

ERROR Octopus [(null)] - Rejected communication because it was signed with the wrong certificate; the public key of the certificate was: 3048024100A3FCA9A6333F15A7AA2B1AE9303AF553F729CA9AA7CA3E2E0C65B162B16FE4D72B0875B3009A9D7C57A13A4FB07AFD8EA1C55A76E6530DE9DBCE9AA8959626390203010001

I’ve tried reinstalling both the tentacle and the server many times and confirmed I’ve copied the certificate.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Chris

Hi Chris,

Thanks for getting in touch. Are you able to access the registry on the Octopus and Tentacle machines? Under HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/Software/Octopus you’ll find some keys that begin with “Cert” on both computers. Are you able to confirm that they match, or send me a copy of them all so I can compare?

Also, are you able to confirm that the time on both computers is in sync? Some cases have been reported where having a slow clock prevents the certificates from working correctly.

Paul

Hi Paul,

Thanks for getting back to me. I have attached the certificates for the server and the tentacle.

Chris

Server.txt (3 KB)

Tentacle.txt (2 KB)

Hi Paul,

Any chance to look into this?

Thanks,

Chris

Hi Chris,

Please accept my apologies for the delay. I’ve looked at the certificates and they seem to be correct. Can I get you to try the following steps:

1. Remote to the Tentacle machine
  2. Open task manager, switch to the Processes tab, and click show processes from all users
  3. Kill any instances of Tentacle.exe that are running (there should be 2 - one is a child that will respawn if you don’t kill the parent, something I’ll fix in the next release).
  4. Start the Octopus Tentacle service using the Administration Tools->Services snap in

Please let me know how that goes,

Paul

Looks like its working…thanks Paul!