Cannot queue a deployment to start in the next month via rext entry

On the Deploy Release “Later” options, if I enter a date across a month boundary (there doesn’t appear to be date picker anymore in Chrome), the help text “will deploy in …” disappears, and when I click “deploy” instead of queuing the deployment it starts immediately.

For example, I want to schedule a deployment this coming Monday, today is 31 July (2015-07-31) and want to deploy on 03 August.

This also happens if I then try and change it back to a date in July.

Not sure if it’s related to the fact that the script seems to break when you remove the day, or change to an invalid date:

Remove the day:
2015-08

Change the month before changing the day to the correct date:
2015-08-31

I’m currently still in 3.0.5 so apologies if this has already been resolved.

Hi Ben

Thanks for reaching out. The logic on the scheduler does seem to be broken. I’ve submitted a github issue to get it fixed

FYI - We will probably not support scheduling deployments for such a long time in the future as 1 month. This functionality must likely got broken when trying to set a logic to prevent the user to deploy 1 entire month away.

Thanks,

Dalmiro

I wanted to schedule a deployment for this coming Monday, 03 August, but entering 2015-08-03 seemed to break the scripts, and cause it to deploy immediately.

I’ve successfully scheduled builds for “next Monday” in the past, and this is really a critical need for us, as we have active development in progress against Azure services that we turn off when they aren’t needed, but I then schedule a re-deployment of the last good dev release for the next business morning.

I’ve added some more details to the problem (I was on my phone previously):

Not sure if it’s related to the fact that the script seems to break when you remove the day, or change to an invalid date:

For example remove the day from the date and change the month:
2015-08-

Refresh the page, and then change the month (to an invalid date) before changing the day to the correct date:
2015-08-31

Hi Ben,

Thanks for the extra Info!

Dalmiro